Kristen Carter, PharmD, from Lynn’s Dakotamart in Pierre, SD, will share insights on the impact of aging on medication by addressing the following objectives:
- Describe the functional changes that occur in the normal aging process
- Discuss common medications typically identified for deprescribing
- Review practices for medication transitions and quality of life considerations
The Medication Safety Collaborative Action Series includes four learning events; followed by an Action Group to allow for additional discussion, coaching and developing of quality improvement efforts to improve medication safety.
Great Plains Quality Innovation Network is an approved provider of continuing education by the North Dakota Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators and the South Dakota Board of Nursing Facility Administrators.
Date(s) - 03/16/2021
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Director of Nursing
- Critical Access Hospital (CAH)
- Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC)
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Rural Health Clinic (RHC)
- Tertiary Hospital